OUR COMMUNITY

A blog about life, current issues and governance at Cimarron Hills


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Party! Party! Party?????????????????

The irony of the fact that our first HOA dues bill that reflects the recent increase was accompanied by information regarding yet another party to by hosted by our HOA (at our expense, it’s your money) was not lost on me.  A little bird tells me that this is the pet project of Board member Ron Friedman.

Perhaps I am an anti-social curmudgeon, but am I the only person that seriously questions whether it is the role of our HOA to provide food and entertainment?  I don’t remember seeing that in the bye-laws, if I recall correctly.  Let alone providing food and entertainment for some of our residents (those who choose to attend) at the expense of all.

Once again I am forced to observe that the spending of OPM (other peoples’ money) is very easy.

To be sure, no-one could object to a gathering for which tickets are sold in advance that cover the cost of the food catered, and I am sure that such a thing could be accomplished at reasonable cost.  And, at least those in attendance at such a gathering would have a choice over whether they chose to participate and spend the money.

Party on…………………? Confused smile

No comments:

Post a Comment