OUR COMMUNITY

A blog about life, current issues and governance at Cimarron Hills


Monday, April 4, 2011

The scandal that is our Board Minutes

The minutes of our HOA Board meetings of January and February were recently posted to the Rossmar and Graham website.  To save you the torture of negotiating the R&G site to obtain your own copies I have attached them here.  I have had to upload these as images so to view each page full-size, just click on the image.

In Matthew 7:20 we read: "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them"  These minutes -- and more to the point, the edits provided by the Board -- tell us more about these gentlemen and their ethics than we should ever want to know.  Since I first read these minutes I have been struggling to find a word to describe them.  That word is scandalous.  When I was on the HOA Board we would never have countenanced either writing or publishing such documents.

I was not present at the January Board meeting, although I gather it was quite heated.  Given its proximity to the special election that removed two Board members it is entirely understandable that feelings would run high, both from the floor and the Board.  That does not excuse what has been added to these minutes by the Board (see following).

Today Mr. Mayer posted this on the Cimarron Hills discussion group, and I take him at his word: 
I received a call from Rossmar this morning.  Mr Hanley (President), Mr CogHill (VP), Deanna (Recording Secretary) and Don Russell were all on the phone.
 Mr Hanley said Deanna's Jan/Feb meeting minutes were changed by the board.  Mr Hanley did not feel comfortable in disclosing what the changes.   Mr Hanley did apologize about the inappropriate personal attacks recorded in the minutes.  He said that should never had happened.    Though Mr Hanley said it will be an uncomfortable situation, Rossmar will tell the board changes like the ones directed in Jan/Feb will no longer be allowed. 

In my judgment the January minutes are, as I have said before, tortious.  By amending and propagating the minutes as they did, our Board not only engaged in stroking their petty piques and egos, they subjected our community to potential monetary damages.  Any of the three who partook in this "editing", and/or voted to approve these minutes should promptly resign, and withdraw from any elective office they may happen to be running for.  At the end of the day, the President, who acts as Chariman, has the final responsibility.

The February minutes are less egregious than January, however they still contain expressions of opinion added after the fact that have no place in professional minutes.  I might also add that the minutes are inaccurate and incomplete as they relate to my question about the speed humps -- actually I asked if we had before and after speed tests -- and as they relate to my question about admittance of visitors to open houses.   

























No comments:

Post a Comment