OUR COMMUNITY

A blog about life, current issues and governance at Cimarron Hills


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ballot mess update


Since my last post I have had phone conversations with Bill Fuchs and Doug Austin (Rossmar) about the ballot mess. Doug tells me that there was a problem with the mailing machines that Rossmar uses which caused some folk to receive two ballots. Fair enough. He assured me that only one ballot per home would be counted.
An interesting question is, I suppose, if two ballots are received from a home, one yes and one no, which will be counted?
I told Doug that I had never received a ballot. He seemed rather skeptical about my story, which is a shame.
What is really a shame is that in the letter Doug sent to the community, in which he deals with the issue of duplicate ballots, he is completely silent on what a homeowner should do if they, like me, never received a ballot from Rossmar.
The ONLY reason I have a ballot is because I obtained one from someone who received two. I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies...
I think, perhaps, the Three Stooges are running our ballot. No. That's not fair. Even they couldn't screw this ballot up as badly as Rossmar has.

1 comment:

  1. How could this happen , I am the president of 2 HOA's , one in Colorado and one in Arizona. The blind arrogance of both the board and the management company should be disgusting to every homeowner. This smells of pure corruption.

    ReplyDelete