OUR COMMUNITY

A blog about life, current issues and governance at Cimarron Hills


Monday, December 27, 2010

If you didn't get a ballot


I did not receive a ballot today, even though other homes have received two. I have written to the Board about this ballot mess, letter below:

December 27th, 2010

Members of the Board

Cimarron Hills HOA

Gentlemen, good day.

I fear that what is already a difficult situation -- the January 6th special meeting to decide on the recall of Mr. Fuchs and Mr. Jurrow -- is going from bad to worse.

It seems to me that the ballot process is so tainted that its integrity cannot be retrieved. I would specifically like to know why some households have received two ballots each, yet some, i.e., mine, have not received a ballot at all.

I attempted to call Mr. Austin at Rossmar & Graham (R&G) today, however they have a very effective voice mail loop to deter human contact so I never did speak with him. Were I he, I too would be lying low.

I am a trained fraud investigator. At a conference once, one of our speakers made a very telling comment. That fraud and incompetence look pretty much alike. I do not know which it is in this case, but I do know something is wrong.

I call on you to convene an emergency meeting to cancel the January vote and ballot. It must be rescheduled and a new ballot sent out. Although they can apparently handle our annual elections without too much trouble, I am at a loss to understand why R&G can't get this ballot right. The task must be assigned to our auditor, who, I assume, can be trusted to execute the task competently and with integrity.

R&G should bear the cost of the new ballot.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

signature

Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA



If you did not receive a ballot, please use the one I have copied here. You can print it off by right click, save and print.

It should be mailed to:
Homeowners Association
Attn: Cimarron Hills
9362 E Raintree Drv
Scottsdale AZ 85260-2098.

I suggest you keep a copy of your ballot and ensure it was counted.

No comments:

Post a Comment